- Access to sole-source and competitive set-aside contracts
- Business development assistance from dedicated Business Opportunity Specialists
- Assistance from federal procurement experts
- Opportunities to create joint ventures with established businesses
- Priority access to federal surplus property
Amount awarded in FY21:
Based on your responses, you may benefit from waiting to apply for the 8(a) Business Development Program until you are ready to take full advantage of the 9-year program term. You can find free local assistance here.
Based on the responses you provided above, you appear ready to apply for the 8(a) Business Development Program.
Based on your responses, you are not eligible for the 8(a) Business Development Program. Review the eligibility criteria detailed here
Based on the responses you provided above, you appear to be eligible for the 8(a) Business Development Program.
Familiarize yourself with the application process by clicking through the links below
Select your business type below for a document checklist
Before you can create an account in Certify:
- You must be registered in SAM.gov (When you register, SAM.gov will assign you a UEI and MPIN)
- You will need to provide your UEI, MPIN and your TIN to link your SAM.gov profile with your Certify account
- Use the same email address used to register your company in SAM.gov to create your Certify account
Contributor accounts are reserved for the following:
- Additional owners holding 20% or more of the company
- Any other person with significant authority over the company
To create your Contributor account in Certify you must:
- Request an email invitation from the applicant
- Use the same email address to which your invitation was sent (If your email does not match, your account will not be linked to the correct application)
Complete your 8(a) Annual Review in Certify every year to ensure eligibility to continue participating in the 8(a) Business Development Program.
You will receive an email notification when it is time to complete your 8(a) Annual Review.
Review the checklist below to identify the documents and information needed to completed your 8(a) Annual Review.
You must renew and update your SAM.gov profile annually. Updates to your company's profile in SAM.gov may take 1-3 days to be reflected in Certify. If you require any assistance with your SAM.gov profile, click here to submit a request to the Federal Service Desk.